CT Lottery describes its Classic Lotto game as “Connecticut’s game of choice.” Why would it be considered the state’s game of choice? Probably because it has decent payouts, coupled with great odds when compared with some of its big games like Powerball and Mega Millions. This article examines the odds and prize payouts of CT Lottery’s Classic Lotto game. 토토
Classic Lotto is a 6/44 game. That means that to win the jackpot, you must match all 6 numbers out of a possible 44. The odds of matching all 6 numbers are exactly 1-in-7,059,052. How much do you win for matching all 6 numbers? That depends on the size of the jackpot. The jackpot starts at $1 million and keeps increasing if it is not won.
How high can the game’s jackpot grow? The jackpot could potentially rise above $10 million. However, in recent years, $10 million has been the ceiling. A woman named Charlotte Peters won a $10 million jackpot from Classic Lotto on December 2, 2008. Other notable winners in the last few years include:
- Marilyn Citron, of Mystic, won $9.7 million on January 1, 2010.
- James and Jean Seitz, of Torrington, won $5.5 million on March 18, 2008.
- Elsie Febo Carmona, of Waterbury, won $2.4 million on July 7, 2009.
- Jeri Buonincontra, of Stratford, won $2.3 million on May 13, 2009.
- Mona Cappuccio, of Newington, won $2.3 million on March 20, 2009.
- Fotios Vokolos, of New London, won $1.6 million on January 30, 2009.
As you could see the sizes of the jackpots vary.
Aside from the jackpot, the Classic Lotto game offers a few more prizes. Here is the list of the other prize payouts, along with the odds of winning:
- Matching 5-out-of-6 numbers (1-in-30,961) wins a prize of $2000.
- Matching 4-out-of-6 numbers (1-in-669) wins a prize of $50.
- Matching 3-out-of-6 numbers (1-in-42) wins a prize of $2.